Handybook is excited to announce that we will be at TechCrunch Disrupt NY tomorrow, April 30 at Manhattan Center!
TechCrunch Disrupt is one of the most anticipated technology and startup conferences of the year, with over 100 companies, leading venture capitalists, and scores of influential speakers and guests in attendance. This past weekend TechCruch hosted their annual Hackathon, which brought together hackers and developers from all over the world, who joined together as teams to hack a product within a 24- hour time slot. Disrupt is the exciting conference following the Hackathon that features speakers addressing the most important issues facing today’s tech world and brings together the best up-and-coming startups in the marketplace today.
Handybook has the amazing opportunity to be a part of Startup Alley on Tuesday, April 30! We will be one of 50 startup companies that will demo their technology and innovative ideas to the startup community. Each company in Startup Alley must be less than 2 years old, with less than $2.5 million in funding in order to be a part of the conference.
We can’t tell you how thrilled we are to be presenting next to some of the most influential startups and people in the industry today. We look forward to connecting with other innovators, entrepreneurs, old friends and new, all united through TechCrunch Disrupt NY. If you’re planning on going to the conference tomorrow make sure you stop by our table and say hello!
For more information about the event check out: http://techcrunch.com/events/disrupt-ny-2013/event-info/
White vinegar is a great cheap cleaning agent that is eco- friendly and has no added chemicals or toxins. Check out these 10 tips for different ways you can use vinegar to make your home sparkle:
1. Remove soap buildup and odors from the dishwasher by pouring a cup of white distilled vinegar inside the empty machine and running it through a cycle.
2. Clean the inside of the refrigerator with a solution of 1/2 water and 1/2 white distilled vinegar. To get through stubborn grime use full strength white vinegar on a cloth or sponge (wear gloves to prevent your hands from drying out).
4. Fill a spray bottle with 1/4 white vinegar and 3/4 water to clean mirrors. Use a microfiber towel to leave mirrors clean and streak free.
5. Avoid using poisonous insect repellents and get rid of ants in your cupboard (or anywhere else for that matter) by wiping down shelves with a cloth soaked in white vinegar.
6. Deep clean your microwave by placing a bowl filled with equal parts water and white vinegar and microwave for 3-4 minutes. Remove the bowl with oven mitts and easily wipe down the inside of the microwave. Voila! No more scrubbing, the steam will literally just melt away the grime.
7. Easily wipe off sticker residue by rubbing vinegar on the sticky area, letting it sit for 5 minutes, and then wipe it off. So much easier!
8. Polish brass and copper by mixing 2 tablespoons of ketchup and 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar. Rub it on with a clean cloth until the metal is dry and shiny.
9. Remove stubborn grime from metal tools (such as scissors) without rusting them by wiping them down with a microfiber cloth soaked in white vinegar. Don’t use vinegar on iron, steel, chrome, or aluminum as it will cause oxidation, resulting in rust or corrosion. It works well with silver, but don’t let it sit for more than 5 minutes.
10. Fill a plastic bag with white vinegar and cover your showerhead with it, securing it tightly with a rubber band. Leave it for a few hours to remove lime scale buildup, then run hot water for a couple minutes to remove the smell.
To combat the strong smell of vinegar you can mix in essential oils (citrus or lavender are wonderful) or create your own sweet smelling homemade citrus infused vinegar concoction!
Important things to keep in mind:
- Never use vinegar on marble or natural stone surfaces. The surface will become permanently etched from the acid.
- Never mix vinegar with ammonia.
- Never use any other type of vinegar other than white vinegar, distilled white vinegar, and full strength vinegar. All other kinds are solely for cooking.
The weather is finally starting to warm up again and we all know what that means- the glorious season of Spring cleaning! Ok, so maybe it’s not our absolute favorite part of Spring (I am SO ready to ditch my winter coat and go shopping) but Handybook is here to help make it easier!
So here’s a fun idea to conquer that huge to-do list of things that need to be scrubbed and polished in half the time and twice the fun; host a Spring cleaning party!
Invite over your girlfriends, mix up some cocktails (which you can find some delicious, low-cal recipes for here), break out the hors d’oeuvres turn up the music, and get cleaning! By de-cluttering with your friends the work will go much faster, plus it’s a great excuse to have some much-needed girl time. And a great bonus? Your friends will have great ideas that you never even thought of for organizing your home and beautifying it for the warmer months ahead. Just make sure you return the favor, or even better- gift them a Handybook cleaning with our Spring discount package, and have that girl’s day out you’ve been meaning to do!
Hi, this is Zeke from Handybook! I’m a senior at Harvard and I am spending my summer working with Handybook. I help out with the operations and marketing efforts here, and so far, the summer has been great fun!
Some of you may already know me from the interactions I have with you by phone or email. I enjoy getting to know each and every one of our customers, and part of what is really special about Handybook is the effort we put in to try and make our customers feel special. So feel free to call our number 617-910-4813 if you ever have questions about our service (or even if you just want to say hi!)
We work hard here at Handybook, and the last couple of months have been quite intense. But we also like having a good time, and every couple of weeks the whole team gets together and we go out for drinks, dinner or something else. This weekend we all went bowling! We’re a competitive bunch so this was a good opportunity to get all pumped up. Humbly, I must admit that I was the winner this weekend (yes, Nacho, I was!).
We’re growing quite fast here at Handybook, and what I really like is the fun collaborative working environment that exists in the office. A fun culture is key, and I think it’s a top priority for all of us. I’m looking forward to the remainder of the summer, and feel like I’ve learned a lot over the last 2 months.
I hope you are all enjoying Handybook’s service as much as I am enjoying working here. Let me know if you have any questions!